Scholars Program Feedback
The Ventures Scholars Program
provided a 2005 end-of-year survey to high school Ventures
Scholars. Ventures Scholars provided the following information:
The VSP Web site ( www.venturescholar.org
) has information about the college and career planning
process. Here's feedback about the Web site:
- The Web site provides a lot information about the
schools, and professional organization. I especially
like the links to other science web sites.
- This website was packed with information that made
the college application journey significantly easier.
- The Web site has been quite helpful with tips on
college applications and obtaining financial aid.
- Looking at the questions raised by other students
has helped me to recognize some of the things I needed
to be looking at for myself. I especially appreciate
information about possible scholarships. I probably
need to be looking more closely at information about
study skills -- even though my grades are good, I
could always look at ways to improve because I expect
things to get more challenging as I go further.
- It has exposed me to many aspects of the sciences
through links and to member schools and different
- The web site makes me feel like I am not alone,
like there are other people like me that are interested
in the same things that I am.
- All my questions have been answered and the reason
I know that I really want to be a PT is thanks to
Ventures Scholar's links and wonderful help.
- The website has been helpful because it is designed
in an organized fashion, and it was separated into
certain categories. Also, it provided lots of information
in each category. Plenty of information was given
for colleges, careers, and SAT scores.
Scholars Program Biweekly E-Newsletter
Every other week, the Ventures Scholars receive a biweekly
e-newsletter that continually provides information about
math and science-related careers, the college planning
process, scholarships, financial aid and much more!
Here's what some of the Ventures Scholars said about
the biweekly e-newsletter:
- The newsletter has been extremely helpful. The myraid
of information I was able to glean from it not only
helped me in my college search, introducing me to
schools I had not considered, but also in my career
search, introducing me to new careers.
- The e-newsletter has been truly a blessing for me
in so many ways. It has provided so much useful information.
It has been packed with all the information I needed.
Everything was great, keep it as is!
- The newsletter has been very informative regarding
various science occupations, math and science programs,
and tasks to be aware of in my Junior and Senior year.
- The e-newsletters have been extremely helpful not
only for me but also for my parents. The newsletter
have helped me focus on college/university early on
and helped me from procrastinating.
- The newsletter has been very beneficial with the
career information and the member institution Q&A.
- I also really enjoyed the guidelines for what to
do each semester.
- I really learned extensively about colleges and
careers through the VSP Biweekly E-Newsletter.
- Every time I log on to the VSP website I find great
information about college and careers, medical especially.
Also, the high school student calendars are great
for organization and keeping track of time. I love
this e-newsletter so much. I'm pretty sure my mom
loves it as much as I do if not more. She is online
more than I am!
- I want to go into a career of medicine. I've learned
more about the pharmaceutical industry from the newsletter.
This information has influenced my career choice and
questions I have to ask. It clarified for me what
were the components of the industry.
- Without the e-newsletter, I would need to be going
to my counselor every week or month just to keep updated.
- The newsletter has provided lots of information
on careers I did not think about.
- The really cool stuff was the information about
the scholarships specific to fields. The advice about
the college process was amazing.
- The newsletter has been extremely helpful in allowing
me to be on top of college related and summer programs.
- It has helped me to narrow down my choices for a
major, and it had answer to the questions that I had.
The Ventures Scholars Program invites member institutions
and professional associations to share information about
programs, opportunities and career information with
Ventures Scholars. The institutions and associations
use the targeted email program to email to specific
groups of Ventures Scholars and family members. Here's
what Ventures Scholars had to say about the targeted
- I haven't decided on a major so when I receive emails
about different subjects I often read them.
- The targeted emails are extremely helpful, specifically
the ones highlighting careers.
- Targeted emails are very interesting. They let me
know about some things that I may not have thought
- I was surprised to find so many about the field
I was interested in. It seemed as if they catered
- I especially like the updates suggesting different
careers to consider. I have used the links to professional
organizations to get more information.
- Yes, they are helpful because some of the emails
are about my future career in nursing.
- I actually began to consider colleges I never heard
of until I received an email on a special subject
- A few weeks ago I received an e-letter concerning
careers in the health and medicine fields. Conferences
and summer programs were listed for viewing. I enjoyed
looking through all the information just to see what
was there. I was also mailed information about summer
jobs and internships which was very helpful considering
I am a rising senior.
- The targeted emails have introduced me to colleges
and programs that I would never have even thought
of going to or considered. It opened my prospective
to new fields of study and advantages.
- Everytime I asked a question I always got a response,
a very well detailed response that is, and I was am
very please to know that there is help!
Scholars E-Buddy Program
The Ventures Scholars E-Buddy Program provides an opportunity
for high school and undergraduate Ventures Scholars
to e-communicate with each other. In the fall, we will
be inviting high school Ventures Scholars to join this
program! Here's what Ventures Scholars had to say about
the VSP E-Buddy Program:
- I did contact a current college student about my
career goals, and it was great to find answers to
the questions I had from a person that was actually
going through it.
- This was a good program. I was surprised to see
so many students from my area and I am interested
in contacting a few of them.
- The E-Buddy program has provided a little comfort
in knowing that there are other students who feel
as nervous and anxious as I am in our approach to
the college application process.
- I used the Ventures email buddy chat to ask questions
to older Venture Scholars. The Scholars where knowledgeable
- I did get assistance from other Venture Scholars.
This is a very good and important part of Ventures
- Yes I did seek assistance from other Venture Scholars
that were either interested in or already taking my
desired college major. This program is very helpful
because it allows high school students to get in contact
with a peer who they can relate with and who can possibly
help them make some very important school decisions.
- I have contacted high schoolers and undergraduates
that have similar professional ideas with me.
- This program is very helpful and has allowed me
to pick a major and find out about how [an institution]
life will be.
The Ventures Scholars Program asked Ventures Scholars
to provide additional comments about the Ventures Scholars
Program. Here's what the Ventures Scholars had to say
about the Program:
- In conclusion, VSP has helped me to become more
serious about school than I was already. It's helped
to broaden my career choice in the medical field instead
of being closeminded and set on one particular career.
- I think this program is very effective and encourages
students to explore their many college opportunities.
- You guys are doing a wonderful job. Thank you for
all your support, it is appreciated. Continue answering
our questions and providing insight on different careers
- I just wanted to thank you guys for the work you
do and for all the support you give me and the other
scholars. Its really cool to be able to email you
guys and have my questions answered.
- It has helped to discover colleges, scholarships
and a brand new world. Everything as amazing....don't
change a thing!
- The program has helped me tremendously because provide
information relative to the sciences.
- Venture Scholars Program has helped me stay on track
and wide my horizon on colleges and universities available
- The Ventures Scholars Program has helped me specifically
be providing information on my future career and careers
related to it. It has also provided me with information
on colleges that carry my major that I may want to
look into. With the Venture's Scholars Program I can
find answers to general questions that I have and
information on areas that I may have problems or issues
- I am very glad to have used and been a part of the
Ventures Scholars Program. I plan to continue to use
it for the rest of my educational journey.
- The Venture Scholars Program has helped me to visualize
options that I had not considered before. This has
been a particularly busy year for me, so it has been
good to have the checklist of things to do and a timeframe
for them. I expect to use it even more so in my Senior
year. I have referred some of my friends to Venture
Scholars Program also.
- The Ventures Program has helped me by broadening
my view of the colleges I might be interested in.
- I believe overall that the Venture Scholars program
has helped greatly. It help me a lot to ease the stress
of the college application process. It seemed like
any thing that I had a question about, I could find
it in one of the new-letters. The Ventures Scholars
Program in my opinion receives a grade of A.
- Ventures Scholars has been such a big help and I
am very honored to be part of the Program, VSP can't
get any better it is great and I don't know how to
improve something that is beyond awesome!
- The Program provided me with admissions information
which was helpful during the process.
- The Ventures Scholars Program has helped me by putting
me in contact with several colleges and universities
that I had not even considered. As far as I know,
the program does not need any improvements.
- I think Ventures is a great program that provides
tons of information to high school students who are
unsure of their future. You provide a great array
- It has helped with keeping me organized.